Monday, October 25, 2010

0. My experience with hypnosis. (Draft 1)

In September of 2008, I had a stroke, a blood clot in the brain, which affected a lot of things -- not the least of which is my memory. Big chunks of my personal history are missing. And then, all of a sudden, in a rush, a group of memory starts flooding back in. I'm still prone to occasional flashes of memory recall. Some of those flashes can be quite surprising!About once a month some archived piece of my past which was purged from current memory by the stroke somehow gets rewired and recovered.

My long-time experience with hypnosis and hypnotherapy goes back to the early 1970s and my studies at Niagara University. It is one of those intriguing stories.


In September of 2008 I had a stroke -- a blood clot in the brain. Huge chunks of my memory, my personal history, like the 30 years of practicing hypnosis just weren't being accessed by my damage brain. It just wasn't there! I had no recollection, no memory of ever having been associated with hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Then, one day, my daughter's boyfriend was having a migraine headache. Something about that event triggered a connection to a memory which triggered another connection to another memory, and the whole personal history and experience with hypnosis came flooding back to me. I will become even more active with hypnosis now, as a result of my stroke, because I can see what it can do for others as well as what it has achieved for me.

As usual, I told my friend in Australia, my muse, Charlotta, who insisted that I start writing this stuff down! So I did. I am using this blog to publish my memoirs/notes/book on hypnotherapy.If you want to read along, between posts, as I edit this manuscript, you are invited to satisfy your voyeuristic curiosity by looking in on it t Google Docs. The URL to the in progress manuscript is:

https://docs2.google.com/document/edit?id=1T6LKAq6zgLZfe6OeL13mj0b4mksPef6Ief_tKQ07U_I&hl=en#

I would be very much interested in anyone's comments or observations on the manuscript, which you can post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment